You can use incoming fax routing methods to control what happens to faxes that are received by a fax device managed by the fax server. You can use any combination of routing methods to forward received faxes to an e-mail address, store faxes in a folder, or print faxes.
|To configure incoming fax routing methods|
Open Fax Service Manager.
In the left pane, double-click Devices and Providers, double-click Devices, double-click the device you want to configure, and then click Incoming Methods.
In the right pane, right-click the method you want to configure, click Properties, and then do the following:
- To configure the Store in a folder method, click the
Store in Folder tab, and then either type the Universal
Naming Convention (UNC) path of the folder (\\<network
location>\<folder>), or click Browse to
select the folder.
- To configure the Route through e-mail method, click the
E-mail tab, and then type the e-mail address to which you
want incoming faxes to be delivered.
- For the Print method, click the Print tab, and
then type the UNC path of the printer for incoming faxes.
- To configure the Store in a folder method, click the Store in Folder tab, and then either type the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the folder (\\<network location>\<folder>), or click Browse to select the folder.
Once the incoming methods have been configured, in the details pane, right-click each method, and then click Enable to enable the method, or Disable to disable it. (You may want to disable a method if, for example, you want to temporarily disable printing because the printer is not working and faxes are getting stuck in the inbox.)
- To configure fax components, you must be a
member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated
the appropriate authority.
- To open Fax Service Manager, click
Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click
Fax Service Manager.