You should use this procedure if you have chosen to configure the Route through e-mail method for a fax device. (For more information, see Configure Incoming Fax Routing Methods.)
|To configure SMTP settings for e-mail routing|
Open Fax Service Manager.
In the left pane, right-click Fax, and then click Properties.
To enable incoming faxes to be routed to recipients by e-mail, click the Receipts tab and then do the following:
- Select the Use these SMTP settings for the Route Through
E-mail incoming routing method check box.
- In From e-mail address, type the e-mail address to which
all incoming faxes will be received.
- In Server address, type the Simple Mail Transfer
Protocol (SMTP) address of the mail server to which incoming faxes
will be received.
- In Port, type the port number.
- Select the Use these SMTP settings for the Route Through E-mail incoming routing method check box.
Also on the Receipts tab, click Authentication, and then, based on how your SMTP server is set up, do one of the following:
- Click Anonymous access if this is
sufficient to access the SMTP server.
- Click Basic authentication, click
Credentials, and then type a user name and password.
- Click Integrated Windows
Authentication if NTLM authentication is needed to access the
SMTP server, click Credentials, and then type a user name
- Click Anonymous access if this is sufficient to access the SMTP server.
You can also specify that these settings will be used to deliver e-mail receipts to users sending faxes, to notify them whether their fax is sent successfully. For more information, see Configure Fax Delivery Receipts.
- To configure fax components, you must be a
member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated
the appropriate authority.
- To open Fax Service Manager, click
Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click
Fax Service Manager.