You can use Storage Explorer to see detailed information about the Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs) on your server, or on other servers in your storage area network (SAN).
The information that is displayed includes:
- The name of the server where the HBA is
- The HBA port World Wide Name (WWN)
- The HBA node WWN
- The firmware version
- The fabric name
- The manufacturer of the HBA
- The serial number of the HBA
- The hardware, driver, and read-only memory
- The product and vendor identification
- HBA port statistics—such as frames and words
transmitted and received, synchronization and signal loss counts,
and link failures count
- The zones the HBA belongs to
Membership in the local Administrators group, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure. Review details about using the appropriate accounts and group memberships at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=83477.
|To display detailed HBA information|
In Servers, click the HBA that you want to display information for.
The results pane will display some of the HBA information. To see more detailed information, in the Actions pane, click Properties.