You can disconnect a user from a session in Remote Desktop Services Manager by using the Disconnect action.
|To disconnect a user from a session|
In Remote Desktop Services Manager, in the left pane, click the Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server on which the user session is running.
To disconnect the user from the session, do either of the following:
- On the Users tab, right-click the user
session, and then click Disconnect.
- On the Sessions tab, right-click the
user session, and then click Disconnect.
- On the Users tab, right-click the user session, and then click Disconnect.
Click OK to disconnect the user from the session.
- You can always disconnect from your own
sessions if you are logged on with the same user account.
- To disconnect another user from a session,
you must have Full Control permission or Disconnect special access
- All processes running in the session,
including applications, will continue to run even after you
disconnect the session.
- You can use the tsdiscon command-line tool to
disconnect a user from a session.