You can use the Provision a Shared Folder Wizard in Share and Storage Management to share the content of folders and volumes in your server over the network. With this wizard, you can:
- Specify the folder or volume that you want to
share or create a new folder to share.
- Specify the network sharing protocol that
will be used to access the shared resource.
- Change the local NTFS permissions for the
folder or volume that you will be sharing.
- Specify share access permissions, user
limits, and offline access to files in the shared resource.
- Publish the shared resource to a Distributed
File System (DFS) namespace.
- If Services for Network File System (NFS) has
been installed, specify NFS-based access permissions for the shared
- If File Server Resource Manager has been
installed, apply storage quotas to the new shared resource, and
create file screens to limit the type of files that can be stored
Membership in Administrators, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure. Review details about using the appropriate accounts and group memberships at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=83477.
|To share a folder or volume|
In the Actions pane, click Provision Share.
Follow the steps in the Provision a Shared Folder Wizard to create and configure a shared resource.