You can use the Provision Storage Wizard in Share and Storage Management to create a volume on one or more available disks on your server, if they have enough unallocated space. With this wizard, you can:
- Choose the disk on which the volume will be
- Specify the size of the volume.
- Assign a drive letter or a mount point to the
- Format the volume.
Membership in Administrators, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure. Review details about using the appropriate accounts and group memberships at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=83477.
|To provision a volume|
In the Actions pane, click Provision Storage.
On the Storage Source page, select the On one or more disks available on this server option, and click Next.
Follow the steps in the wizard to create and configure the volume.
- If there is no unallocated space on any of
the available disks on your server, the On one or more disks
available on this server option in the Provision Storage Wizard
will not be available.
- You can only create a volume on a disk that
- To create a volume on a storage subsystem,
you must first create a LUN on that storage subsystem and make it
available to your server. For more information, see Provision a LUN.
- To open Share and Storage Management, click
Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click
Share and Storage Management.