Using the Scan Management snap-in in conjunction with Event Viewer, you can view scan-related events logged by a scan server.
|To view scan server events|
Open Scan Management.
In the left pane, click Scan Servers.
In the center pane, right-click the applicable scan server, and do the following:
- Click View All Logs to view both administrative and
operational scan events.
- Click View Admin Logs to view only administrative scan
- Click View Operational Logs to view only operational
- In Event Viewer, in the center pane, you can view, filter, and
save scan events.
- Click View All Logs to view both administrative and operational scan events.
- To open Scan Management, click Start,
point to Administrative Tools, and click Scan
- To allow scan server events to be viewed from
a remote computer using Remote Desktop, the Remote Event Log
Management rule must be enabled in Windows Firewall. To allow this,
click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and click
Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. In the left pane,
click Inbound Rules and in the center pane, right-click
Remote Event Log Management and then click Enable
- In a domain with Internet Protocol security
(IPsec) enabled, scanners must support and be configured for IPsec
in order for scanner events to be logged. IPsec does not allow
scanners that are not IPsec compliant to send data to a scan server
that is in a domain with IPsec enabled.