Topic Last Modified: 2007-02-01
Use the Delivery tab to set all delivery and routing options. Settings can be grouped into the following categories.
The following routing options are available:
- Smart host This option designates a
server through which to route all outgoing messages.
- Maximum hop count This option
determines the maximum number of servers that a message is routed
through before it is considered undeliverable.
- Fully qualified domain name This option
clarifies the address to use in mail exchange (MX) records.
The following transmission options are available:
- Retry intervals This option determines
how many times to resend a message, and at what intervals, before
the message is considered undeliverable.
- Delay notification This option
determines how long the message is in retry before a notification
is sent to the sender of the message.
- Expiration timeout This option
determines how long the SMTP service will continue to try to
deliver a message before the message is considered
The following security options are available:
- Outbound security This option lets you
use authentication and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption
for outgoing messages.
- Reverse DNS lookup This option verifies
that the message actually originated from the computer and the
domain listed in the From field.
- Masquerade domain This option replaces
any local domain name used in any Mail From lines in the protocol
with a different domain name. This is the name that you want
stamped on outgoing messages.