Administrators is the minimum group membership required to complete this procedure. Review the details in "Additional considerations" in this topic.
|To delete a local user account|
Open Computer Management.
In the console tree, click Users.
- Computer Management\System Tools\Local Users
- Computer Management\System Tools\Local Users and Groups\Users
Right-click the user account that you want to delete, and then click Delete.
- To perform this procedure, you must provide
credentials for the Administrator account on the local computer (if
you are prompted), or you must be a member of the Administrators
group on the local computer.
- When you need to delete a user account, it is
recommended that you first disable the account. When you are
certain that disabling the account has not caused a problem, you
can safely delete the account.
- A deleted user account cannot be
- The Administrator account and the Guest
account cannot be deleted.