|To edit Administrative Template policy settings
Open the Group Policy Management Console. Right-click the Group Policy object you want to edit and then click Edit.
In the console tree, click the folder under Administrative Templates that contains the policy settings you want to configure.
In the Setting column, click the name for a policy setting to read a description of the policy setting.
To change that policy setting, double-click the name of the policy setting.
On the policy setting dialog box, click one of the following:
- Not Configured: The registry is not
- Enabled: The registry reflects that
the policy setting is selected.
- Disabled: The registry reflects that
the policy setting is not selected.
- Not Configured: The registry is not modified.
Select any other options, and then click OK.
- To complete this procedure, you
must have Edit setting permission to edit a GPO. By default,
members of the Domain Administrators security group, the Enterprise
Administrators security group, or the Group Policy Creator Owners
security group have Edit setting permission to edit a
- Settings for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE are
under Computer Configuration, and settings for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER are under User Configuration.
- If computer policy conflicts with user
policy, computer policy generally takes precedence. However, if
application authors disregard this convention, Group Policy cannot
- Administrative Template policy settings are
also known as registry-based policy settings.