Group Policy includes the Folders preference extension. For computers or users, this extension allows you to:
- Create a folder and configure its
- Modify a folder and configure its
- Delete a folder and its contents.
- Delete a folder only if it is empty.
- Delete all files within a folder (such as a
temporary files folder) without deleting the folder.
- Delete all files within a folder without
To configure individual files rather than folders, see Files Extension.
You can create and configure Folder preference items for any domain-based Group Policy object (GPO). You configure the settings by editing a GPO using the Group Policy Management Console. When editing a GPO, you can find this preference extension at the following location:
Computer Configuration or User Configuration
└ Windows Settings
For information about how to use this extension to create and configure a preference item, see the following topics: