Group Policy includes the Scheduled Tasks preference extension. For computers and users, this extension allows you to:
- Create, modify, or delete a scheduled
- Run a command immediately upon the next
refresh of Group Policy or upon every refresh of Group Policy.
- Automate periodic maintenance, such as virus
scans, backups, synchronization, and disk cleanup.
- Wake computers from standby, and refresh
Group Policy to update settings.
- Launch a process at user logon without
running it from a logon script.
You can create and configure Scheduled Task or Immediate Task preference items for any domain-based Group Policy object (GPO). You configure the settings by editing a GPO using the Group Policy Management Console. When editing a GPO, you can find this preference extension at the following location:
Computer Configuration or User Configuration
└ Control Panel Settings
└ Scheduled Tasks
For information about how to use this extension to create and configure a preference item, see the following topics: