On the Storage Reports Management node of the File Server Resource Manager MMC snap-in, you can perform the following tasks:
- Schedule periodic storage reports that allow
you to identify trends in disk usage.
- Monitor attempts to save unauthorized files
for all users or a selected group of users.
- Generate storage reports instantly.
For example, you can:
- Schedule a report that will run every Sunday
at midnight, generating a list that includes the most recently
accessed files from the previous two days. With this information,
you can monitor weekend storage activity and plan server down time
that will have less impact on users who are connecting from home
over the weekend.
- Run a report at any time to identify all
duplicate files in a volume on a server so disk space can be
quickly reclaimed without losing any data.
- Run a Files by File Group report to identify
how storage resources are segmented across different file groups or
run a Files by Owner report to analyze how individual users are
using shared storage resources.
This section includes the following topics:
To set e-mail notifications and certain reporting capabilities, you must first configure the general File Server Resource Manager options.