Group Policy Management includes the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), the Microsoft Management Console that allows you to manage Group Policy cost effectively for your enterprise.
The Group Policy Management Console simplifies the management of domain-based Group Policy by providing a single experience for managing, editing, and reporting the core aspects of Group Policy. You can think of the GPMC as a one-stop resource for managing your Group Policy needs.
The Group Policy Management Console includes:
- A user interface that improves the ease of
use of Group Policy.
- Backup and restore of Group Policy objects
- Import/export and copy/paste of GPOs and
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) filters.
- Simplified management of Group Policy–related
- HTML reporting for GPO settings and Resultant
Set of Policy (RSoP) data.
- The ability to include text-based comments in
Group Policy objects and registry-based policy settings.
- Filtered views of registry-based policy
settings based on keywords within the title, Help text, or comment
of policy settings.
- Starter Group Policy objects: portable
collections of registry-based policy settings, which provide
starting points for GPOs.
- Preferences: twenty-one additional Group
Policy extensions that allow you to manage drive mappings, registry
settings, local users and groups, services, files, folders, and
more without the need to learn a scripting language.