Microsoft supports a failover cluster solution only if it meets the following requirements:
- All hardware components in the failover
cluster solution are marked as "Certified for Windows
Server 2008 R2."
- The complete cluster configuration (servers,
network, and storage) can pass all tests in the Validate a
- The hardware manufacturers' recommendations
for firmware updates and software updates (patches) have been
followed. Usually, this means that the latest firmware and software
updates have been applied. Occasionally, a manufacturer might
recommend specific updates other than the latest updates.
Requirements for Failover Clusters
- Validating a Failover
- For information about hardware compatibility
for Windows Server 2008 R2, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=139145.
- For design and deployment information for
failover clusters, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=137832.