[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The Certification Authority snap-in allows you to perform a variety of administrative tasks, including:
- Start and stop the certification authority
- Back up and restore the CA.
- Change exit and policy modules.
- View the CA certificate.
- Install or reinstall a CA certificate for the
- Set security permissions and delegate
administrative control for the CA.
- Revoke certificates.
- View or modify certificate revocation list
(CRL) distribution points.
- Publish CRLs and schedule CRL
- Configure the types of certificates that are
to be issued by the CA.
- View information about certificates that have
been issued or revoked.
- View, approve, or deny pending certificate
- View failed certificate requests.
- Renew the CA's certificate.
For more information about installing, configuring, and using the Certification Authority snap-in, see Managing a Certification Authority.