The Find Certificates dialog box allows you to locate certificates based on criteria that you specify.
Users or local Administrators is the minimum group membership required to complete this procedure. Review the details in "Additional considerations" in this topic.
|To find a certificate|
In the console tree, click the top Certificates node for a user, computer, or service.
On the Action menu, click Find Certificates.
Fill in the requested information. The following options are available:
- Find in. Search in a specific
certificate store, or search in all certificate stores.
- Look in field. Allows you to limit a
search to one of the following fields:
- Issued By. The name or a portion of
the name of the issuer.
- Issued To. The name or a portion of
the name of the entity to which the certificate was issued.
- MD5 Hash. The thumbprint value or a
portion of thumbprint value of the MD5 hash used for this
- Serial Number. The serial number or a
portion of the serial number of the certificate.
- SHA1 Hash. The thumbprint value or a
portion of thumbprint value of the SHA1 hash used for this
- Issued By. The name or a portion of the name of the issuer.
- Contains. The name, portion of a name,
serial number, portion of a serial number, thumbprint value, or
portion of a thumbprint value that you want to search for.
- Find in. Search in a specific certificate store, or search in all certificate stores.
After you have entered the appropriate information, click Find Now.
- User certificates can be managed by the user
or by an administrator. Certificates issued to a computer or
service can only be managed by an administrator or user who has
been given the appropriate permissions.
- To open the Certificates snap-in, see
Certificates Snap-in to an MMC.